Saturday, July 05, 2008

My Terrace Garden





I have been talking about this (having a garden mostly growing some pumpkins) and measuring and planning for probably 6 years now....




after Indy and Anna Jones had torn up the side yard it seemed like the perfect place. There was mid day and afternoon sunshine and there was room for pumpkins... it would just take a little planning.


O.k. planning and a little uninterrupted time......

which I got this 4th of July weekend.

Shomer made sure that everyone left me alone.








So at the end of the 1st day there was not much done... but I started late and I was only working until about 12:00 but it was started and they say that all great journeys start with just one step... in my case it was with just one bin.


I started a little earlier the next day... but I had a flow figured out and knew what the process was..... I also had a few more helpers Barry did come out with Shomer to see what I had done... but we all know what happens when we mix Barry, Tools and Me....
No ... Barry didn't have anything to do with it.... I stubbed my toe. My number 1 helper on Saturday and Sunday was Bubbie.... she missed the chance to build things... so she helped my and I brought back memories....




So at the end of day 2 I had a lot done and was ready to finish up on Sunday.

All I need now is dirt..... Next weekend..... a little drip irrigation and some seeds.
I am looking forward to having veggies from my own garden.

No comments: