Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Little Terrace Garden EN12







but then what?






The first issue was that there was not any irrigation system in place but that could be fixed with the old standby manual system of a hose....




except you with a hose you get Shomer as a helper

but hey how can you say no to that face



So irrigation is out of the way next what do put in the bins....

I know plants but what do you put the plants in basically there is nothing but rocks and cement (a base for the wall) so first I need to condition the rock and clay dirt into soil the stuff is called Soil amender... it should come equipt with a gas mask.....it smelt pretty bad but with 400 pounds of amender in all 4 bins I was ready for the next step.



600 pounds of planting soil also known as manure... and if you thought 400 pounds of amender smelt bad.... try 600 pounds of manure.
o.k. so you would think 600 pound of smelly stuff would be alot...no just bin worth.... so we will be going back for stuff...but I have my first bin filled.
which is a good thing since my little pumpkin plants were starting to sprout
So today I put my little plants in the ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi friends
its ash
mommy, i dont think anyone cares as much a bout yhe soil then you do
but it was cute that you talked about it
i love you

JustCelia said...

Yay for Pumpkin Plants!


Whats next?