Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ohhh the decissions the decissions EN11

I told you about the lecture we went to regarding Setting America Free from Middle East Oil, so we started on our quest for a new car for me... Ashleigh will be getting her license when she get back yes, I know how could that be. So I decided that the next car would be one that helps break the dependence on Arab Oil.... and benefits the earth and you know all that rest of the stuff.

But having driven BIG cars for the last 20 years (Izuzu Trooper, Ford Aerostar, Ford Expedition) the idea of down sizing has not been easy there would be no more Formation, no more picking numbers to see who gets what seat in the car basically there will be no more need for me to take anyone anywhere ... my first reaction is YEAH!!!!! ... my next reaction is oh my they have all grown up .... my third and most chilling reaction is ohhh my auto insurance. So with those thought in my head.... I started my quest for a vehicle for me..It will be a Hybrid and it will have to be smaller than I have driven in the past but the times they are a changing. I have gotten spoiled with the current car and will not give up my big screen GPS.


The other car we looked at was the Ford Escape... Ford has a great green color available yes I know that is not a reason to pick a car. But is that a great color or what... I know Ashleigh would steal it if we got it in that color. The one other form of transportation that we have been considering is the electric bicycle. Its cute but I don't know what we would do in the rain. Or the cold yes I am a weather wimp. There is always a Segway, but that still leave the weather issue... oh well right now I am still just starting to shop.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

very proud of you! i have a friend who has the toyota and loves it. i have heard mixed reviews on the ford. the bike looks awesome! can't wait to hear what you get. (the planting beds look awesome too!) xo