Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday is for football


actually it is for more than football but that is how the day started. We met Sam in the lobby and started to walk to the football field ... we decided that a cab would be better so we could get there before the game was over.

Today's players that I had already met were Daniel, Josh and Fox... now I know there were many more but I just don't know who they were. So I can only comment about them.




And I can tell you that they played great... even if they didn't win. Bubbie and i were impressed with Fox who layed both offense and defence....(that was until we saw the Vagina's do it on Wednesday).



After football we went to the shuk... The shuk is an interesting place but Friday at the shuk is an experience that everyone must try. It is crowded and busy and just so full of life. We bought all kinds of food.... I have no idea what it was but when we ate it, it was good.


But the best thing we got was from Marzipan.

Yes, I know you are asking what is Marzipan? Marzipan is a parev bakery and it is unbelievably crowded on Friday afternoon. But more than the crowd is the food ohhhh I can't tell you enough how good this was. The boys pushed Sam to the front of the line to buy the delcos... hot and fresh from the oven and let me tell you we do not get parev like this back in the US.

Again it is one of those places you have to go to.... and you have to try it on a Friday afternoon (well maybe not if your claustrophobic)

No comments: