Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love from home

a little over 4 years ago (yes it has been that long) Bubbie and I came to visit Sam when she was on Nativ 26 and yes she did ask for stuff and yes she did have Daniel and Andrew here with her that I was bringing stuff for But I never thought much about it until I was packing for Ashleigh. That was when Sam told me that the Jr Mints (now kosher) and the Slurpy Machine (now missing in action) were the height of my arrival, and I thought she wanted to see me.

So fast forward to the stuff on Ashleigh's list: leggings, paint, fruit leather, boston baked beans, lavender lotion, removable hooks, anything warm and so many other little things.

So this time I paid more attention to the look on her face as I was taking things out of the suitcase.
The req
uested necessities were greeted with thank you's.
The le
ggings and t-shirts were greeted with smiles.
The new new fleece jacket and sweatshirt got oohhhs and aaahhhs and thank yous
But it was the other stuff, the paint, the food, the picture books and pillow that really made me realize that when you are away from home it's the stuff from home that really is the best.

No comments: