Sunday, February 06, 2011

Eretz Israel here we come


o.k. so not yet but in a few short days I will start doing laundry, then shopping (Ash has given me a list of items needed) and then we will pack and then we will be off.

Now when I last wrote about Ash in Israel (yes I know it has been a long time) I had mentioned that she was going to Ber'Sheva. Well that plan has changed and she is now living and working in Karmel (as Barry puts it 120 miles north of Jerusalem and 10 miles south of Lebenon). In the morning she is working in the morning she is working at the local elementary school and in the afternoon she is working in the Mercaz, at last conversation she does not know what she is doing in either place. But she is excited because The Bear and I will be coming to see her.

So when Sam was there just a few short years ago Bubbie and I went to visit it was a great trip my first Bubbie's third. We basically stayed in Jerusalem visiting with Sam and seeing the sights of the old city and other local hangouts. But this trip will be different... for starters Ashleigh has moved on to the second half of her year in Israel and she is no longer in Jerusalem, and second it is not my first trip but there are still so many new things for me to see. and third... The Bear will be with me and it is his first time in Israel.

So back to the plan, since Ash is in the north so we will be staying up there for a few days at a little bed and breakfast in Amirim called Eretz HaGalil and then we will be going down to Jerusalem for a few days including Shabbos. It is all starting to get very exciting as the plans come together. As I know more I will post.

No comments: