Friday, February 18, 2011

All our bags are packed were ready to go

So here we sit Friday morning LAX I have already sent my shabbos texts so for those of you who are a time zone or two behind me I apologize, Everyone one else hope I didn't wake you.

I think I got everything done and packed... and the luggage came in at 49.5 pounds each...is that good balance or what?

So we are sitting in LAX for at least another 21/2 hours before we board the plane and my mind is going back to the last time I was leaveing for Israel (it was also my first time), Samantha was on Nativ 26 Bubbie and I were going to visit. Bubbie had been there in 1952, 1987 and now 2007 it was a great trip we had a lot of fun.

But this time it is The Bear who is going for the first time. However we will be going to so many new places that it will be like a new trip for me too.

but back to watching the dynamics of the airport, watching the people and the stories you create just to pass the time,,, we had a guy in a wheel chair pushing another wheel chair that was empty, and the poor mother with 3 kids the oldest being maybe 4, and the most recent person o f note would be the woman with her blond hair pulled back designer duds and her poodle dressed in a coordinated harness/vest and leash, and yes they have started to look alike well at least dress alike.

and it is only 9:00 a.m. but it is the family of 7 that has just gone past all in turquoise golf shirts... I really thought that was for summer camp only. then we have the the young couple waiting for the plane to somewhere I am not sure if they just got married or are off to get married... but they have been here almost as long as Barry and I and I don't think they have seen anyone else.

and now I know one of the good things about texting..... I don't have to hear your conversation. yes this is directed towards the tall guy who has been standing next to me talking to a friend but entertaining everyone within range... he gave himself a present of a trip to Australia and now he is off for a weekend in Vegas and then home to New York I don't want to get into the drama that is going on with his friends that he has missed out on....but soon he will be back in the mix of it.

An hour and ten till we board the plane.... next post will be from Israel!

No comments: