Friday, November 05, 2010

Our First Empty Nest Adventure

I know I know I have been saying that we are practicing for so long but now the real thing is here we (just Bear and me) are off. Well actually right now we are sitting (arrived at 6:45 am for a 10:00 flight) at LAX waiting for a Virgin America (quickly becoming my new favorite airline) flight to Ft Lauderdale where we will have dinner with Morgan and then tomorrow we will board the Oasis of the Sea the largest ship in the world.


For the last week everyone has been asking me if I am excited and the answer has been not yet...and even as late as last night when I was packing but then Barry was channel surfing and came across National Geographic Man Made and the data line said it was suppose to be something made in Dubai but it wasn't it was a show about the Worlds Largest Cruise Ship (it will be on again Nov 11) and I was watching and packing and packing and watching and all of a sudden I was starting to get excited.


First it was very exciting to see how this ship came to be... but then to actually see it happen and to find out that on the day we get back into port Nov 13 it will be 1 year since The Oasis of the Sea first arrived at Ft Lauderdale.
So now I am excited and there is nothing to do but wait.... in an hour and a half we will board the plane and in a little more than 24 hours we will get on the boat.... until then I will try to catch up on some of my old entries that are still in draft status.

No comments: