Monday, February 15, 2010

My Wonderful Valentine

very often I say to the kids that I hope they can find someone who makes them as happy, content, and complete as Barry makes me. And even though I write this on valentines day he makes every day feel like valentines day.

When we first met 15 years ago I didn't know my life would end up being this great but my eyes did.... I know what a weird statement. But if you had been one of the people who knew me back then and asked me about who I was seeing you would have seen my eyes light up... I don't know what it actually looks like but I do know what it feels like and even now as I am typing I can feel this smile come over me and from what I have been told the smile goes with the eyes.

So back to my wonderful valentine, I am reminded from a scene from "Yours Mine and Ours" when Henry Fonda is explaining to the oldest daughter what love is really all about and it is very very true it's not the romance it is the day to day routine of living together. And we do it all Work, Family and just us it is the day to day routine that I enjoy the most.

The way we have worked together to make a single family out of his and mine and where we are not always together as a single group to often we are always a family and that is because of my valentine.

In Judaism there is a line from Song of Songs

אֲנִ֤י לְדֹודִי֙ וְדֹודִ֣י לִ֔י

I am my Beloved and my Beloved is mine

He has blessed my life and with that I hope we can set a good example for our children on how to love one another and then work on helping the world.

I hope everyone can find the someone to share the line from Song of Songs with because it is a wonderful feeling.


No comments: