Saturday, February 13, 2010

Losing a Child

No I didn't ... but my heart is going out to someone I don't know who has
In shul earlier today Maeva told me about a friend of Lee's who had been killed by a drunk driver
Then I saw Samantha's link on Facebook that she has become a fan of RIP Avi Schaefer (I joined the group also). Then I Goggled him (yes Barry has taught me well) and I found that this was not just someone's child that had been lost and that alone would have been enough to generate this kind of sadness, but he was more in a very short time Avi had made an impact that some of us can not in many lifetimes over Avi has touched many and touched them in a way that will keep his memory alive.

But I digressed (what else is new) from my original title Losing a Child no one wants to but we don't always get what we want....

Some of my friends have scolded me in past how can I send my children to Israel, not that we shouldn't have an affiliation with Israel but how can I send my children to somewhere that has so much terrorist activities? and then I think about Avi who was killed by a drunk driver right here in the USA.

So I will continue to keep thoughts of Avi in my heart and prayers and hope that my children will continue to go out and explore the world, follow their hearts and chase their passions because sometimes keeping a child close to home where you can continue to protect them doesn't neccessarily keep them safe and it will deny them the opportunity to live.

No comments: