Monday, October 05, 2009

It's Sukkah Time !!!

I love Sukkot for many reasons:






I get to use my tools to build something.



I also get to see how my girls have learned to use power tools...sometimes that sight is a little less reassuring than I would like






I get to have all my kids (from a time when they were young and cute) around me. O.k. so it is really hard to see but, when we first built the sukkah (way back in 1999) I traced the kids on to the wall panels so they would be with me all the time, this picture is of Nathan. If you can't see it ...you will just have to come to the sukkah and see the real thing

We get to have ushpizim (visitors to our sukkah) over. And you all know how much I love throwing a party







And when the weather is nice I love to sit in the sukkah for breakfast, which is probably one of my favorite times of day.

This is the 10th year that we have put up a sukkah and each year it gets better and better.

It started 10 years ago when I (with a lot of help) put up my first sukkah.




here is the first assembly crew

I have had many helpers over the years ...




Nathan in 2004



Shomer always tries to help



Ben, Sam and Ash helped in 2004
David and Sam did the framework in 2007


Ashleigh, Sarah, Zander and Hannah helped decorate.




Over time my little sukkah grew from it's original 8x8x8

to a 10x10x8 and that worked for quite a few years,

but then last year I decided it was time to make it a little bigger I know I know.... but it really didn't look that big on paper. But it was ... and my little 8x8 sukkah grew to be
a 20x10 major construction event.
which might take a few more people to assemble and it might require a few more boxes (up to 8 now) to store. It is still a great time of year and my favorite holiday.


and Shomer always likes when visitors come to our sukkah.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh that picture brings back great memories. i am very sorry we didn't join you this year... xo