Tuesday, August 22, 2006


No More Jamba Juice...

I know that seems like a very strange thought because there are plenty of them around the neighborhood but on the other hand I could have called the post 7 more days...Because that is all we have left with Sam for a year. And today was her last day at Jamba.

I was talking to a friend of mine today about how fast time seems to have gone by... We were reminiscing about how just a short time ago (o.k. to us it was a short time ago) Sam and Peter were sweet little kids just 4 years old unable to actually follow a cat down some stairs and ending up in a neck brace only to have Sam in her best concerned voice ask "did he broked da bones in his neck?" and now they are both off to college.


And then there is the concept of 50 pounds. It seems like a lot but in reality it is not that much. Just think about Sam can have two suitcases at 50 pounds each and a carryon at 30 pounds however Sam is only 114 pounds...Maybe we will just pack her and be done with it.

Actually it is a lot harder than I thought it would be we have one case packed however I am not sure how we are going to get the next one done. it is kind of cathartic packing these bags making decisions whether to take or to leave, to take now or to ship (20-30 days). My baby is going away and when I am just thinking about it during daylight hours I am fine with it, but when I am winding down or working with her on packing her bag the reality of it sets in. One moment I am so excited she will be in Israel exploring and learning with 90 other kids who love Israel as much as she does. An then we have only 7 days left and we still have so much left to do learn to use skype, finish packing, some good bye dinners, orientation brunch and just getting Ashleigh ready for her first day of High School (she comes home tomorrow) not to mention the clients who are interested in a little of my attention. And finally, she is leaving in 7 days she will be 5 hours away by plane and in 10 days she will be 19 hours away and it is not even the safety issues I feel very safe about sending her but she just won't be here for me, her sister, her grand mother and her step dad.

Well we have one suitcase done and 80 pounds to go.

No comments: