Thursday, July 06, 2006


I received an e-mail today that went like this....

A friend of mine opened his wife's underwear drawer and picked up a silk paper wrapped package:


"This, - he said - isn't any ordinary package." He unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box. "She got this the first time we went to New York , 8 or 9 years ago . She has never put it on, was saving it for a special occasion Well, I guess this is it. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other clothing he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just died.


I have see this e-mail many times before but the timing of it as I am starting on this new adventure of blogging is quite appropriate... tonight is my fathers yahrzeit (the anniversary of his death). My dad did his best to take care of his family and there was many a moment that was put off for another day so he could work to take care of us. It was not until he became a grandfather a role he cherished more than any others that he understood what this e-mail was saying.

Appreciate and Cherish every moment and everyone you love don't put off doing something until later because sometimes later never comes. I think that my daughters and oldest niece are very blessed to have had the opportunity to know him when he was vibrent and full of life and wanting to spend every available moment with them. If they were doing something he wanted to be involved.

While my dad was in not such great health he had 3 more grand daughters and since his passing he has had 3 more.... all three of them carry is his name.

I started a set of scrapbooks for my nieces so they would know the grandfather they never met....it is still my intent to get some more of those pages finished ....but time seems to get in the way....so here is my apology to you girls... and I will take that e-mail to heart and dedicate a little time to your books about Wadah.






No comments: