Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's my Birthday and I can do what I want to EN10

and there were a few more winery's on the list

Clos Du Val: beautiful grounds and facility and the wine was pretty good also ...



after Clos Du Val we stoped at


Baldacci Vineyards a small (3000 cases) family vineyard that we found by accident but those are usually the best finds. The nicest of all the stops and a real sense of hospitality but I should have expected that after meeting Michael Knox at the Napa River Inn on Friday night, he was doing a little sampling and offered us some of the syrah it was really good and he invited us to come up on Sunday to their tasting room and I am so glad we did. The oldest of the 4 sons (yes it's true all the wines are named for someone in the family) Kevin Baldacci came out and was talking with us about the history of the wines and the winery. If I were giving recommendations this one would be on the top of my list. And the 2006 Pinot Noir was sooooo smooth very very nice. So if you are in the Napa Valley area this is the place to stop ... but you have to call first for reservations.





After Baldacci we went back to V. Sattui for some cheese that we could take back to the cottage for a mid afternoon snack . It was very nice because although we getting kind of wined out we were able to have Cabernet Soda we brought home the Chardonnay soda for another time.






But we didn't go directly home after Sattui we stoped at St. Superey which is a winery that we already knew and enjoyed they have such a light crisp Sauvignon Blanc even Barry likes it. We also got a bottle of Muscato Barry says that one is o.k. for a sweet wine. I say it is wonderful. This winery also has some great labels for two of their wines Virtu and Elu. It was a wonderful end to the wine tasting part of my Birthday.




The last part of my birthday was dinner.... a simple but delicious dinner at Uva Trattoria & Bar with live jazz Wednesday thru Sunday. a delicious dinner and a birthday dessert a walk home and all I can say is WOW!!!! what a weekend. A great anniversary because I have such a great husband and a wonderful celebration of my birthday again because of My Bear.








And this year we celebrated it alone next year we are hoping to have a few more with us because for 50 I would really like to do some Hot Air Ballooning.

No comments: