Sunday, December 10, 2006

Getting Ready....

Yes it is that time of year again

Hanukkah... spell it any way you like it still means a lot of cooking, cleaning, entertaining putting everything up only to take it down again 8 days later... but we do it because its tradition... o.k. if you ask Barry it's not tradition its a tiny step to assimilation, so we don't ask Barry... we just set it up and he never complains and we all have a good time.


Now we have, over the past few years acquired quite a few decorations and other items that we use to celebrate the holiday not to mention all the Hanukkah arts a crafts the kids have done over the last few (o.k. 20) years that as a good jewish mother I just can't bear to part with.




This year is different I know I have been saying that on a regular basis because now it is down to just Ashleigh, Bear and Me so we have been moving a little slower (yes, I know the first candle is on the 15th). But the Boxes are up and the decorating will start tomorrow.
Barry and Shomer are helping.
The real question is are there more boxes for Pessach or Chanukah?
And yes I did count, so what do you think it is.

1 comment:

Earl of Portland said...

I cant wait to see pictures from this years bash, and i cant believe that this is going to be the first year I wont be there. :( I know Ash will make up for it! I'll miss the cooking most! HAVE FUN! I love you guys!
Bean