Tuesday, December 12, 2006

the count down has started



We started putting up the decorations hoping that it would really bring the ruach (spirit) in to the house but as Ash said "I'm still not feeling it" and I have to agree with her... I know it will happen... but it's just not there yet.



The first little flicker of happy memories was when we unboxed the hanukkah vests... I know you are saying when did vests ever become a hanukkah decoration?

Call it a family custom but many years ago (1997) when the bruin boy bunch was actually called the banker boy bunch I made vests for all of us. And we wore them at the party and it was a great time for all of us. But kids being what they are grow...


and by the following year the vests were gone o.k. not gone just put away waiting for another generation of kids to wear them.


Well Ashleigh decided that the next generation is here.... and she tried to put the vest on the dog




So we are putting up the decorations and remembering times gone by and looking for new memories with bigger kids and dogs who wear my hanukkah vests


Barry and Shomer kept helping by sitting in the other room and watching Monday Night Football. There is a much better chance that I will not get hurt and that the decorations will not be eaten by the dog.





No comments: