Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When in Portland you have to VooDoo



It's 4:00 in the morning and I am starting my day...by having The Bear take me to Burbank Airport to go up to Portland.
By 10:00 I have arrived at the Portland airport and was met by Celia.... and as per the suggestions of many people on Facebook....I asked her to take me to VooDoo Donughts the Magic is in the Whole.
Now with a place as well known as Voodoo you would think that she had been there before (after all she had been in Portland for 2 1/2 years), but noooo Celia is a Voodoo virgin...so we shared the experience together.
Sam the box is done with you in mind


It is this little hole in the wall place tiny but packed with people and all kinds of doughnuts... some standards with fancy Portland names ....like Portland Cream (that would be a Maple Glazed Eclair)
but then there are other... like a Bacon Maple Bar, Old Dirty Bastard, Dirty Snowballs and there are sooooo many more that you will just have to check it out.... but there was one that caught our attention... the Cock&Balls..... the name describes it all and yes it is cream filled.....you would think that I took a picture right..... wrong... I was to busy laughing and completely forgot. So I guess that you will have to come up and get your own.






So put this on your list for the next time your in Portland.... you must try VooDoo Doughnuts.

No comments: