Friday, October 10, 2008

Sukkah Building Day 1


So Yom Kippor is over and shabbos hasn't started 
.... so it is time to build our sukkah even Shomer tried to help... 
but without opposable thumbs it was a little difficult.

Instead I had my regular helpers...

Bubbie, Ashleigh, Barry..and this year we added two of Ashlieghs friends Sarah T (this is her second year helping) and Matt A... this was his first and he did a great job climbing 
the hill to get palm fronds.























now in years  past we has a sweet little sukkah the first one was only an 8x8 square box... the walls were muslin and I had the kids lay down  and I traced them on the walls...


and  then in 2007 we moved up to a slightly bigger sukkah 10X10
but it was still very tight.... so this year we went a little bigger.... 

now when I first sketched this out it didn't seem that big and when we bought the wood it didn't seem that big.... even when we were painting the wood I was thinking that it would 
be a little on the small size.... well that was before we actually got the foot print down... and then I realized that 20x10 is pretty big.


No comments: