Friday, August 24, 2007

Longfellows Wayside Inn













I had been telling Morgan all about this place ever since she said that she was moving to Shrewsbury. The first time I had been there was in my prior life... but it made such an impact on me that I will always have such fond memories of it. The Wayside Inn is where Henry Wadsworth Longfellow went to do his writing but it is also full of history that happened long before Longfellow. There is a marker that Washington stoped here on his way to take control of the Continental Army.









The Little Red Schoolhouse where Mary Had A Little Lamb was written. There was also the Grist Mill and the Wayside General Store (which will be saved for another blog). Back to the Inn...There is also the duck pond, a rose garden (here on the east coast the the roses are gone by August) and The Grist Mill

No comments: