Friday, July 11, 2008

On Tour with Ashleigh and Morgan July 10

Thursday, July 10th:Group 8 began their day at the Archaeological Dig Seminar where they dug to try and find artifacts from the Second Temple period. They climbed through caves and learned a lot about how archaeologists discover things about the past. After lunch at Beit Guvrin, the group had a fabulous time swimming in the pool at the kibbutz. They then returned to the Fuchsberg Center for an afternoon of rest and dinner. This evening the group heard a lecture by Neil Lazarus on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and then went to the supermarket across the street to buy some Shabbat snacks. They finished the day with a short creative writing program.




I spoke to Ashleigh this morning before I got my challah started and wished her a good shabbos Morgan was already practicing taking a shabbos nap... so I will try her a little later before they shut the phones off. I am still anxiously waiting for pictures (probably not until after shabbos). Ash did say that she ran into Adam and Judith (friends of our who just left for Israel) at the Kotel, they had just delivered my packages to Morgan and Ash so the girls are going into their first shabbbos in Israel and I know it will be a wonderful experience I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!!!! I feel like I am going through withdrawals.

No comments: